Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let's Try This Again...

After the embarrasment of our car going backwards on the first trial, Anna and I realized that our car was just plain too big. As a result, we decided to cut down the zize of the base to a triangle with side lengths of 5, 6, and 6, instead of 12, 15, and 15. Then we removed the extra wood on the axles and made the front glue stick a lot shorter. Well this time I thought ahead and decided to test the car before it wen on the final trial. It was a lucky choice, because I learned that the Splatter Car curved horrendously and lost a lot of distance. After many trials and flying balloons, my dad pushed the car back to me to get it out of the kitchen (again), and to my surprise, it went almost perfectly straight! I realized that he had pushed the car backwards. So, then I just had to figure out where the tape should go and the car would be all set and ready for the second trial

No comments:

Post a Comment